Monday, April 6, 2009

Elizabeth Ross

My Current Top Fives Are:

Mortal Arguments - Sue Sinclair
Intuition and such beauty. How does she do this?

Short Haul Engine - Karen Solie
Kind of in the same realm as Home of Sudden Service to me.

Mean Boy - Lynn Coady
A novel about creative writing workshops. Need I say more?

Kingdom, Phylum - Adam Dickinson
I feel like a lobotomy victim as I read this, but in a good way.

Dance of the Happy Shades (Collected stories) - Alice Munro
All hail.

Steadfast 5's:


Home of Sudden Service - Elizabeth Bachinsky
So damn good, it's the book of poems I wished I'd written.

Another Gravity - Don McKay
Funny, clever, musical, parataxis to a tee!

Dream Work - Mary Oliver
Heartbreakingly sad and smart poetry.

The Gold Cell - Sharon Olds
Drop-kick-to-the-gut poetry.

To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
I'm obsessed with the ending. Someone help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment